About Stump Grinding and Removal
There are two options when it comes to removing a stump. You can either have it completely removed using a backhoe or have it ground with a stump grinder. In removing a stump, we use a medium-sized backhoe to pull up the stump and huge roots. Most of the time, only commercial developments or properties do total stump removal. Eliminating a stump is more costly and can cause damage to nearby areas.
Stump grinding is more popular among 95% of our clients when it comes to getting rid of the appearance of a stump. We use our Vermeer stump grinder to grind the stump 3-6 inches below the ground, just enough to remove its appearance allowing other plants to grow on it. Using the right equipment, stump grinding becomes a breeze. However, it can still be a dirty job and can cause damage to the nearby areas. At Vail Tree Service, we make a rather messy job into an easy process with our Vermeer or Morbark grinders. We will leave minimal damage to your landscape. After we’re finished with the process, your land will be ready for re-planting seed, sod, and other landscape plantings.
No stump is the same. They differ when it comes to their difficulty to grind. This is because they have different species and their age is also something to consider. These things will determine how easy or difficult removing a stump will be. The likes of Oaks and Maples are the most challenging to grind. Cedars and Pines or matured conifers, on the other hand, are the easiest to grind. A stump’s age, as well as its size, is significant factors whether a stump is easy or difficult to grind. No matter what factors are involved, Vail Tree Service can get rid of the stump with our skill and premier Vermeer stump grinders.
Stump Grinding and Removal Hendersonville
Our approach for grinding a stump of any age and species includes the following steps:
- With a shovel or rake, we will clear the location around the stump. We will get rid of rocks and other debris that will hinder us from doing the process smoothly.
- Considering that the stump is not yet cut as close to the ground as possible, we will use a chainsaw to chop it down to a more manageable size.
- At this time, we will position the grinder above the stump and finally begin the grinding process.
- We will continue with the process until the stump is ground three to six inches below the ground.
- Lastly, we will make sure that the place is clear of debris and wood chips. You also have a choice to have the area replanted for an additional charge.
Generally, stump grinding can be completed in thirty minutes to an hour and a half. This will depend on the characteristics of the stump. We will consider the size, species, and maturity of the stump. The overall process of stump grinding can be complex, but Vail Tree Service Hendersonville will take on the job with proper caution to lessen the mess and totally clean the debris that the process will leave. Further, we offer a multi-stump discount if there are more than one stump that needs to be ground in your area. Plus we also have discounts when you avail of our other tree services such as tree removal, trimming or pruning, and stump grinding.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday – 7am – 6pm
Saturday – 8am – 5pm
Sunday – Appointments Only